Friday, June 13, 2014

Pokemon Birthday Party with FREEBIES

My nephew is turning 8 this month and we are throwing him a surprise Pokemon Birthday Party! As excited as I always am to throw parties, this one had me a little stumped. I have three girls and NO BOYS. I don't know the slightest thing about Pokemon. I called my teenage brother and he gave me a quick low down on the game and with his help and the help of Google, I was able to figure out the basics of this Pokemon show/game.

The party isn't until next week, but I thought I'd share some of the plans for the party. And of course... some FREE printables.

To start... here are the Pokemon invitation samples. I made 2 because I wasn't sure exactly which direction his mom and dad wanted to go. They chose option #2, but we all agreed they were both great!

Here is option #1:
I like the sizing on this one. It's like a bookmark or ticket!


Here is option #2

Once you print this one, you cut it out and fold it so that it looks like a Pokemon card! Pretty cool, if I do say so myself! =) (btw... Isn't my nephew a stud?!)

We are going to make some cupcakes for the party and top them with these cupcake toppers. These are so easy to make and add so much to any party. Just print them out and add a toothpick to the back. 

You can download these Pokemon Cupcake Toppers FREE by clicking here!


 We are going to give all the kids little bags with some Pokemon party favors in them. Here is a tag I created to go on the treat bags. 

You can download these Pokemon Thank You tags FREE by clicking here!

TIP: I used some FREE Pokemon Fonts from Font Space! The fonts really made everything come together nicely. Whenever you are doing a themed party, check online to see if there is a specific font to match your theme. You'd be surprised how many FREE fonts there are!

Check back soon for a complete low-down of the whole surprise birthday party! I have a feeling these little boys are going to be loving every minute of it!





3 comments:

  1. hi there how did you do the invitation - is it possible for you to send me the link or the file to create one for my son's birthday thank you! Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you send me the link also for invitations please for my son's birthday party thank you - Shawna'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also like a link or file for this BDay Invite if you have it. Super creative and fun!!

    ReplyDelete